Thursday, June 5, 2008

NBA Finals Predictions

Yeah, I just couldn't resist;)

Big picture: LA Lakers in 6 games
Breakdown: (which I'll probably revise after each game lol)
Game 1 - Boston - too much adrenaline and hype, LA gets overwhelmed
Game 2 - LA - LA's bench gets their act together and
Game 3 - LA - momentum continues for LA
Game 4 - Boston - Celtics make adjustments and steal a game at the Staples' Center
Game 5 - LA - The show gets back on track and LA rolls to another win
Game 6 - LA - LA's been great in closeout games this playoffs and I think they take it to Boston in front of their home crowd
Game 7 - Umm.. I said 6 games, didn't I?

Obviously you know which way my bias is towards but here it goes anyways...

For the record, I DO truly feel that Boston has the better team on paper. You don't storm through a regular season with 66 wins and not have any truly great weapons. Boston's issue is that the bench, along with Ray Allen, have lost Coach Rivers' confidence throughout the playoffs. Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Sam Cassell, James Posey, Eddie House and Leon Powe were such important pieces of the puzzle throughout the first 82 games. Then once the playoffs started, Doc Rivers shortened his rotation and with fewer minutes came even less production. So for that reason, I think that the Lakers can exploit their advantage in this series.

BTW I'm watching the intro right now... I'm trying to hate Boston but that track they're playing during the intro video is THE SHIT. Makes me think of Jared Leto and trackmarks.

Now with all that said, for me to say that I don't hope for a Game 1 win is a little out there. Naturally I hope that LA steals both games in Boston but I'd definitely be more surprised than expectant if that were to happen. Boston is a great team in their own right and I think it's more an issue of them allowing LA to contain their weapons rather than LA playing and matching up really well throughout the game. Ok, on to the game... and please Sasha, limit your downtown huckjob to under 6 shots, I've got a bad feeling about your nerves tonight!

No comments: